POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tartan : Tartan Server Time
23 May 2024 11:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Tartan
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 1 Dec 2017 14:15:00
Message: <web.5a21aa1ec6ad0b9dc437ac910@news.povray.org>
Perhaps Mr. McAvoy can 'splain some of the intricacies of the tartan.

https://www.scotweb.co.uk/tartan/Walker/23473
has 4 different color patterns - all for the same family / clan.
This suggests that there's no "system" to the colors and patterns - at least at
first glance, to my ignorant eye.
But I'm sure there's lots more to it than that.

The evening tartan seems to bear some passing resemblance to the cookie company
packaging -
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71AV7F37W0L._SL1000_.jpg

(aside - the shortbread butter cookies [meh] seem to have edged the stem ginger
cookies [yum!] off the shelves - at least at the stores around me in the US  :(
)