POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Isosurface and f_spiral - bug or feature? : Re: Isosurface and f_spiral - bug or feature? Server Time
1 May 2024 23:40:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface and f_spiral - bug or feature?
From: Kenneth
Date: 30 Sep 2017 07:10:01
Message: <web.59cf7a6d808cf40289df8d30@news.povray.org>

> That sounds like a Black Hole singularity to me ;-)

My thought exactly ;-) I had a sneaking suspicion that the sphere is a kind of
'kludge' (and I use that word respectfully!), to keep some other kind of problem
from occurring at the exact center of the spiral.

To Bald Eagle:
That's some nice detective work with the source code; way beyond my skills.
Currently, the center sphere size seems(?) to be 'coupled' to the spiral's
thickness parameter, as part of the same code(?) (I thought the sphere was
simply an added object!) I wonder if its size/diameter could be 'un-coupled' in
some way-- so that it *maintains* a much smaller and visually less obtrusive
size, no matter what the spiral thickness is-- while still serving its original
purpose.