POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Emitting media : Re: Emitting media Server Time
29 Apr 2024 10:39:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emitting media
From: omniverse
Date: 2 Sep 2017 00:35:00
Message: <web.59aa341da4b127e99c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:
> Le 17-08-31 à 18:58, Loren a écrit :
> >         media{ emission Red intervals 30 samples 100,100 }
> Yuck! That WAS ok in version 3.5 and older that used sampling method 2
> as the default. As of version 3.6, the sampling method is method 3 and
> it must use intervals 1 (the default value).
> Using method 3, more intervals only dramatically slow you down. It can
> also cause some artefacts.
> Also :
> 1) It only use a single value for samples. If a second value is used,
> it's silently ignored.
> 2) confidance and variance are also silently ignored as they are
> meaningless when you have only a single interval.
>
> Defaults for media in version 3.6+
> method 3
> samples 10
> confidance Not Applicable
> variance N/A
> intervals 1
> jitter 1
>
> Alain

Well I'm learning something, again, because I had thought

 samples LesserInteger, GreaterInteger

was valid for method 3. And I also thought samples 1,1 was the default.
Reading the 3.7 doc I don't find it saying the above you tell of, not that I
don't believe you Alain, but I refer to the docs a lot and try to believe what I
read there. :)