POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Bounding Box Macro : Re: Bounding Box Macro Server Time
26 Apr 2024 04:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bounding Box Macro
From: omniverse
Date: 24 Aug 2017 22:15:00
Message: <web.599f877ce3036c009c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
"omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:
> > For omniverse.
> >
> > I would like to see this tested, and have the coding and usage-logic critiqued.
> >
> > Perhaps there should be provision for a vector arrow, possibly with a
> > camera-facing constant-size text label.
>
> Did get to see the bounding box on unmoved WRook from my earlier post... after I
> added colors.inc, of course. But my fast test of relocating it left that box
> behind.

Um. Dumb mistake. I translated only the final object statement, not for #declare
one. Changed those around and bounding box stays with it.
I was trying it too quick without realizing what went wrong.

However, maybe I'm confused about Location.
If I use it for object translate the wireframe thins out too much to see, yet if
Vector is used instead it remains very visible.

I was guessing Location to be for the object, if given that, but it works for
camera location as long as Vector is given to the object.