POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Clockless_Animation : Re: Clockless_Animation Server Time
28 Apr 2024 21:03:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clockless_Animation
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 29 Jun 2017 15:10:00
Message: <web.59554f72992dfbe2c437ac910@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> I would agree with previous posts here that the documentation needs more
> information and clarity about these features: their co-dependent operation; the
> fact that POV-Ray's 'animation' feature does not need to be turned on; etc.

I'd say that packaging a working scene file and .ini in a subdirectory of the
distribution, posting it here, or including it the docs is by far the best way
to "document" its usage.

About this whole clockless animation - It would be interesting if it could be
modified so that POV-Ray split a scene into 2 separately parsed sections - a
static part, and a dynamic part.  Then you could have, say, a complex terrain
that takes forever to parse - but only gets parsed once, and then clouds or the
sun, or an automobile or a ball that is the only thing that changes position in
the scene.

I don't know if that's feasible, but just throwing it out there.  ;)