POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Clockless_Animation : Re: Clockless_Animation Server Time
19 Apr 2024 20:47:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clockless_Animation
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 26 Jun 2017 15:30:00
Message: <web.59516075992dfbe26c6d834f0@news.povray.org>
"muyu" <lsy### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I would like to generate animation using a very big file. It took a lot of time
> in sparsing. Each time, only the camera position will change.  As I see,
> Clockless_Animation may be the function to save the time cost.
>
> I set the following in .ini file:
> Real_Time_Raytracing = on
> Clockless_Animation = on
>

> I add several camera positions, but there is in the DSL. The rendering runs
> without stop and no output.
>
> I guess that I missed some information. Thanks in advance.

You are mixing up two things. The real-time raytracing "feature" is just a demo
mode on Windows, and was never meant to be used for anything useful other than
showing how powerful modern processors are, i.e. on a computer at at least
tradeshow booth.

The clockless animation on the other hand is a useful features that allows you
to move the camera in a scene without reparsing. While it was developed for the
demo mode at first, and that is probably where you got the idea to use both
settings together, but really, you just need to disable the real-time rendering
option (which effectively just screws up internal options and their logic to
bypass certain code needed for proper rendering). Then, the clockless animation
shoudl work as documented as long as you have a camera for each frame in your
scene as described in the docs.