POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Stacking stones without overlapping : Re: Stacking stones without overlapping Server Time
2 May 2024 08:36:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stacking stones without overlapping
From: omniverse
Date: 16 Jun 2017 05:20:01
Message: <web.5943a27bd8d105e99c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 6/16/2017 7:57 AM, Ari wrote:
> > By the way, the thread URL is

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.4d97bab0dc7be259e5cacc00%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=360
023

> I read the thread and if I understood it*. Sam used an external program,
> he developed himself, to calculate the positions of the grains.

A wizard for sure, as are many others. I missed so much all those years ago but
already had seen plenty being done by Samuel.

I guess if I were to attempt my own "stacking stones" it would probably be
something like I had used for object interactions with simplistic 'sphere of
influence' for mass and gravity when I was doing rudimentary space simulations
in Basic programming (circa 1980's).
Not ideal for this, even if I could get it right in POV-Ray.

Bob