POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : green gas cloud on checkered plane : Re: green gas cloud on checkered plane Server Time
26 Apr 2024 08:47:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: green gas cloud on checkered plane
From: Kenneth
Date: 14 Jun 2017 14:15:06
Message: <web.59417b4c14c5bb48883fb31c0@news.povray.org>

> _Some_ of Tek's source is provided in the links:
>
> It might give some hint as to how the iso city was made:

http://evilsuperbrain.com/gallery/misc/inc.php?file=gallery.php&bgID=-1&filter=cracklecity

Wow, impressive-- especially this render...

http://evilsuperbrain.com/gallery/misc/index.php?image=cracklecity-up

Thanks for the link. (Using a crackle pattern to generate building shapes is
something I would never have thought of. The resulting architecture is quite
realistic-looking.) I remember seeing Tek's examples long ago, but I never
followed up on the hows-and-whys.