POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Solar System : Re: Solar System Server Time
11 May 2024 03:31:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Solar System
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 31 May 2017 15:20:00
Message: <web.592f166c4e850994c437ac910@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> I knew there were a lot but seeing a visualisation puts it in
> perspective. I wonder if there is an available data set of all the space
> junk whizzing around the Earth?

The first actual database I was able to dig up:

http://www.ucsusa.org/nuclear-weapons/space-weapons/satellite-database#.WS8VoZLytaQ

Apparently our sleazy politicians and spy agencies have too many secrets up
there in Earth orbit, so the actual (portions of) databases are on a
"demonstrable need to know" basis.

I think the POV community needs to know.