POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : We need new image maps for Jupiter : Re: We need new image maps for Jupiter Server Time
1 Jun 2024 20:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: We need new image maps for Jupiter
From: Kenneth
Date: 26 May 2017 10:55:00
Message: <web.5928415c29a3db4883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
That Juno-probe photo looking straight down at Jupiter's pole is truly CREEPY!
The level of detail is amazing.

It's fascinating to think that Earth's atmosphere would look somewhat similar to
Jupiter's swirling gas clouds, if we had a similar opague atmosphere. Good thing
we don't have ammonia and hydrogen sulfide here, instead of oxygen/nitrogen; for
one thing, it would smell really bad ;-P