POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Graphical projection comparison : Re: Graphical projection comparison Server Time
28 Apr 2024 07:58:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Graphical projection comparison
From: Kenneth
Date: 5 May 2017 00:45:00
Message: <web.590c024a3e0a9077883fb31c0@news.povray.org>

> One thing that might be useful is to include some reminders and usage info for
> output to the debug stream.
> I often
> #declare Verbose = true;
> in my scene, and then any macros or parts of the scene where I want to get data
> from check for that variable and then I get everything I want with just one
> "switch".
>
> I do the same thing with any weird command syntax that I use - I just output or
> include in the comments a working line of code using that command.

That's a new trick to me; I thought Verbose was only for
use in an .ini file (I'm running Windows.) Could you explain how you use it or
how you make it work? I tried simply sticking  #declare Verbose=on  in the
middle of a scene file, but didn't see anything different(?) in the message
stream after the render. I'm *obviously* not 'getting it'... :-(  Is it used in
conjunction with #debug somehow? Do other .ini parameters need changing too?

Thanks. This looks to be quite useful!