POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cavorite Sphere movable parts, First Men in the Moon "capsule" [~640K mpg] : Re: Cavorite Sphere movable parts, First Men in the Moon "capsule" [~640K m= Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:28:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cavorite Sphere movable parts, First Men in the Moon "capsule" [~640K m=
From: omniverse
Date: 5 Apr 2017 19:25:00
Message: <web.58e57c19a8fb00d29c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
=?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_=22Yadgar=22_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> Hi(gh)!
>
> On 06.12.2001 19:34, bob h wrote:
> >
> > Note:  This was rendered with the beta 8 of 3.5 and I had a problem with the
> > radial pattern used for the shutters.  To animate I needed a radial texture
> > map using the original radial pigment pattern in that.  Somehow it shifted
> > in an unpredictable way, I never did get it aligned the same as the
> > nonanimated version was.
>
> Looks extremely cool, even 15 years after... cool enough that I ask you
> now whether I may C64ize/AtariSTize your animation! May I?

Yes. Why wouldn't I? :)

I don't remember anything about that, except for the Cavorite Sphere itself.
Don't know if I ever fixed it.

Did I post the scene file?

I remember I thought about using 'trace' to activate the plungers where they hit
the ground, probably never did. Always so much left undone. And I remember
having plenty of trouble with the windows, isosurface moonscape and black
radiosity artifacts in the metal sphere.

Bob