POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : When a renderfarm is not an option... : Re: When a renderfarm is not an option... Server Time
28 Apr 2024 02:13:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: When a renderfarm is not an option...
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 22 Mar 2017 10:15:01
Message: <web.58d2861254cfa078c437ac910@news.povray.org>
"rodv92" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> So i will render the scene with ambient light only and media and nothing else
> and the rest without media but with everything else, including light sources.
> and then composite all the frames.

I wonder if you could render that first part with a transparent background, and
then use something like screen.inc and light groups to have that rendered media
image visible, but not interacting much with the rest of the scene (use a
separate light group with shadowless light source to illuminate it)

Then you could eliminate a separate compositing process from your workflow.

Haven't ever tried it, don't know if it will work or give you the image quality
that you want - just thinking out loud.

If the media needs to "shift" due to parallax, I think Rune had some sort of
trick that might do what you need...
The "illusion" include file.
http://runevision.com/3d/include/

I've never used it, so I may very well be mistaken about what it actually does.
Or I'm thinking about someone else's 3d-faking technique entirely.