POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Shed version 2 : Re: Shed version 2 Server Time
28 Apr 2024 19:38:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shed version 2
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 21 Feb 2017 12:55:00
Message: <web.58ac7e88e97123eec437ac910@news.povray.org>
"Klewlis" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> OK, I suspect the problem is in the fact that I am running the animation from an
> ..ini file.  This would be the same problem I had with the #while command.

I would not have guessed that would be a / the problem

from the docs:
frame_number

If you rather want to define the action in POV-Ray animated scenes depending
upon the integer frame numbers, this identifier can be used. It reads the number
of the frame currently being rendered.

#if(frame_number=1)
  //stuff for first image or frame
#end
#if(frame_number=2)
  //stuff for second image or frame
#end
#if(frame_number=n)
  //stuff for n th image or frame
#end

My Torus animation in pbi animations was done, but using the clock value.

have a look at this and see if it helps:
http://news.povray.org/povray.bugreports/thread/%3C4f64d135$1@news.povray.org%3E/

Also, when I have problems like you're having, I find it useful to make
extensive use of the debug stream and make absolutely sure that the value I
THINK Pov-Ray is using are the actual values that it's working with.

I might even go so far as to work with a "fake" animation scene file that
doesn't do anything - or at least very little, and render it with a very small
image size to speed up debugging.
You might even consider putting your debug values as text objects in the scene -
it helps a lot when odd, unexpected things happen - all the data is right there
in the image frame.

I'm at work right now and don't have a copy of my torus animation file handy  :(

I'll see if I can remember to make a copy tonight.