POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : What to do with walls. : Re: What to do with walls. Server Time
2 May 2024 15:37:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What to do with walls.
From: LanuHum
Date: 11 Feb 2017 13:50:01
Message: <web.589f5c1782c7fda07a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 2/8/2017 7:26 PM, LanuHum wrote:
> > I do not think my version stable.
> > It requires a complete renovation for Constructive Solid Geometry.
> > https://github.com/Lanuhum/BlendPov-alternative
>

> I downloaded it and installed the zip file but cannot find it in user
> preferences to activate it.
> Using Blender Ver. 2.78.
> Any tips?
>
> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

unpack zip file
move the "povray" folder to
if installer blender-278:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\Roaming\Blender
Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons
if zip file blender-278:
\path\to\blender-2.78x-windowsxx\2.78\scripts\addons

Blender start. Go to user preferences -> add-ons -> render -> check
Render:Povray with BlendPov-alternative exporter.
If error -> uncheck official addon, save user setting and restart Blender and
check Render:Povray with BlendPov-alternative exporter.

If you get a clean file .pov, the failure gives the exporter script.
I will need your file to the scene of the blender