POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : MegaPOV mountains lakes circa 2001 : Re: MegaPOV mountains lakes circa 2001 Server Time
8 May 2024 15:11:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV mountains lakes circa 2001
From: omniverse
Date: 9 Feb 2017 13:00:01
Message: <web.589cae03c3d0ae5d9c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
In my rush to post that 3.7-renderable file I neglected to notice the viewpoint
changes abruptly during animation. Apparently made to be like camera changes or
a look right and left, so not just ahead in flight path. Very confusing in a
very short animation.
Not only that, but the clocked splines are cubic and don't seem to have correct
beginning or ends. Of course I can only guess what was originally done without a
long time going over it again.

Suffice to say, replacing with the following seems better than it was, if you
would like to try this:

#declare CamSpos=
spline {
        cubic_spline
        -0.1,<.05,.1,-9.5>*CamDist // added
        0,<.1,.167,-9>*CamDist
        .1,<.15,.29,-8.75>*CamDist
        .175,<.225,.33,-8.5>*CamDist
        .225,<.5,.425,-8.125>*CamDist
        .5,<0,.4125,-7>*CamDist
        .775,<-.5,.425,-6>*CamDist
        .875,<-.2,.3,-5.5>*CamDist
        .925,<-.125,.125,-5.25>*CamDist
        1,<-.05,.02,-5>*CamDist
        //1.1,<-.025,0,-4.5>*CamDist // added, not used
}

#declare CamSpnt=
spline {
        cubic_spline
        -0.1,<0,.1,-9> // added
        0,<.1,.2,-8.5>
        .1,<.15,.35,-8>
        .225,<.475,.275,-7.5>
        .33,<.225,.225,-7>
        .5,<0,.25,-6.75>
        .775,<-.475,.275,-5.5>
        .9,<-.133,.2,-5>
        .95,<-.1,.125,-4.75>
        1,<-.05,.02,-4.5>
       // 1.1,<-.025,0,-4> // added, not used
}

And I haven't tried anything with the flying car portion. I think Part=2 was
supposed to be for that. Not sure.

Bob