POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Constituent Survey : Re: Constituent Survey Server Time
18 Jun 2024 10:12:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Constituent Survey
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 16 Jan 2017 15:50:00
Message: <web.587d30bee68a7581e8ae267f0@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <kag### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Yeah.. even when they don't intend to break shit, they break it, out of
> sheer incompetence.
>
> Sadly.. that last word has also become the middle name for Democrats,
> so.. they haven't either had the ability, or.. to be clear, the guts, to
> try anything unexpected either.

I say guts.  The Democrats have been that way since I've been old enough to
vote.

It seems to me that, at least at the national level, the difference between the
Republicans and the Democrats is that the Republicans relish our system of
legalized bribery (i.e., privately financed campaigns), and the Democrats merely
put up with it because they can't (or won't) look beyond it.

Fortunately, at the state level, there exist politicians in both parties who are
taking action to ditch this system.  Five states have formally called for a new
constitutional convention.  (If you're unaware of this activity, it might be
because those who might otherwise report it just happen to be the recipients of
the ad revenue from all those private campaign finances.)