POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : relativistic travel effects : Re: relativistic travel effects Server Time
26 Apr 2024 13:29:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: relativistic travel effects
From: omniverse
Date: 5 Nov 2016 00:40:00
Message: <web.581d61eb6c13e4639c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
"omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:
> "rodv92" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > i am thinking of the tools i could use to make an animation of a camera
> > accelerating toward 0,99c speed.
>
> Maybe a mesh camera? Something I'm only now trying to learn about but I know
> there's effects using mesh camera macro (example scene files) for lens
> distortion such as barrel and pincushion.

Good thing you asked about this sort of thing because I finally looked at the
mesh camera files and found that the pincushion effect could possibly be what
you need. You will have to find out for yourself, but try the following from
...scenes\camera\mesh_camera\meshcam_persp_compare.pov

   meshcam_lens(image_width, image_height, 67, -2, "")
//    meshcam_pinhole(image_width, image_height, c_angle, "")

Replacing the commented line with this "lens" line, look for it at the first
#declare camera_mesh=
I think it should render a scene with no other changes made, but you'll just
have to find out.
The 67 is camera angle and the -2 is pincushion amount. Negatives for that,
positive for barrel distortion.

Bob