POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Euclidean infinite detail : Re: Euclidean infinite detail Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:35:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Euclidean infinite detail
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 28 Oct 2016 12:45:01
Message: <web.581380818df1bb22b488d9aa0@news.povray.org>
> Am 27.10.2016 um 20:51 schrieb Mike Horvath:
>
> > Also, maybe POV-Ray should support point clouds.
>
> You can always read point cloud data at parse time and convert it to a
> bunch of spheres (or a set of blob elements if you're low on memory).

I know we've touched on this topic, and you've even trimmed down the memory
footprint of the spheres - can you give me a better idea of the memory
difference?  I thought you had previously said there wasn't much of one, but
perhaps I misunderstood exactly what you were saying.

I guess I just have trouble seeing how this

  blob {
    threshold 0.6
      sphere { <.75, 0, 0>, 1, 1 }
      sphere { <-.375, .64952, 0>, 1, 1 }