POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : plotting a 3D gaussian question : Re: plotting a 3D gaussian question Server Time
26 Apr 2024 04:39:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: plotting a 3D gaussian question
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 27 Oct 2016 14:05:01
Message: <web.581241b5a0290900b488d9aa0@news.povray.org>
"Martin" <mar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:

> Thanks a lot! This worked like a charm. I just have one more problem, now my
> green balls are disappearing behind my gaussian function, if I make it too
> transparent then I wont see the Gaussian. Is there a possibility to make the
> green balls "inside" the gaussian much stronger so they are able to be seen
> through the gaussian ?
>
> http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4521/t8e5wc5t_png.htm

Just add a transparent or filter term to the color map entries of the Gaussian,

          texture{ pigment{ spiral1 5 rotate<90,0,0>
                             color_map{
                                 [ 0.0 color rgbt<1,1,1,0.9> ]
                                 [ 0.5 color rgbt<1,1,1,0.9> ]
                                 [ 0.5 color rgbt<1,0,0,0.9> ]
                                [ 1.0 color rgbt<1,0,0,0.9> ]
                                } // end color_map

or just give it a simple transparent coloration like the box at the end of the
file
pigment {rgbt <1, 1, 1, 0.9>}