POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Orientation and left handed frame : Re: Orientation and left handed frame Server Time
26 Apr 2024 07:47:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Orientation and left handed frame
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 7 Oct 2016 12:40:00
Message: <web.57f7ceb5844df073b488d9aa0@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback <spa### [at] nothanksnet> wrote:

> i think you're making this /more/ complicated then it needs to be ...
> experience with the rules of working with coordinates (regardless of
> left or right handiness) is a most basic concept as noted in post from
> Le_Forgeron

Right - anyone who deals with chiral spaces learns whatever convention is used
for that system.

There is a "Right-hand rule" for physics (electromagnetism), engineering, math,
architecture, etc.

The left hand rule for POV-ray ought to be just as straightforward.

*** Point the left thumb in the +axis direction, curl the fingers, and that's
the positive direction of rotation.   ***

A picture or two may be a nice addition, but I don't think anything needs to be
added to the text or changed.