POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Looking for a interactive viewer : Re: Looking for a interactive viewer Server Time
26 Apr 2024 15:38:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking for a interactive viewer
From: LanuHum
Date: 22 Sep 2016 15:05:00
Message: <web.57e42a694ca237677a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 9/22/2016 6:54 PM, LanuHum wrote:
> > clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:

> >> Uh... no, actually you need to generally learn the intricate details of
> >> POV-Ray's scene description language. Because you certainly don't want
> >> to limit your importer to POV files created by Bishop3D.
> >>
> >> Oh, the fun you'll have! ;)
> >
> > I see.
> > The problem of parsing the scene that you allow the user to wear underpants on
> > his head. :))))))))))))
>
> Some users do not have underpants to wear. ;)
> Some only want to point and click.
>
> That is who mostly use modellers.

If you are working only with the mouse, the program creates the standard file in
a style that is easy to handle.

#declare CoPigment = pigment{granite color_map{...}}
#declare CoNormal = normal{granite 1 normal_map{...}}
#declare CoFinish = finish{brilliance 2 ...}
#declare Concrete = texture{pigment{CoPigment}normal{CoNormal}finish{CoFinish}}
#declare Spheroid = sphere{0,1 texture{Concrete}}
object {Spheroid}

This order and the well-read

> > Your SDL encourages mess.
> > But nor is it terrible. There is no desire to write when no one needs.
> > ...pov file can be easily read using python, but it will take a lot of work
> >

> It is a template, yes?
> It is not for me to criticise what I cannot do myself.

If the user writes himself, he does so:

sphere {0,
    1 texture{pigment{granite

color_map{...}}normal{granite 1
                      normal_map{...}}finish{

brilliance 2
......}
   }
}

Then the user writes here:
Lanuhum!Your importer does not work!
Povray does not find an error!!!
:)))))))

To read such a mess with no errors in the Povray written source code parser
almost the size of one megabyte!!!!!!!