POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : My idea: Developers need tips! Help me, please! : Re: My idea: Developers need tips! Help me, please! Server Time
19 May 2024 16:40:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My idea: Developers need tips! Help me, please!
From: LanuHum
Date: 13 Sep 2016 14:20:00
Message: <web.57d842a3397eea9f7a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
> Am 13.09.2016 um 16:29 schrieb LanuHum:
> > clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:

> >> Have you finished your other homework yet?
> >>

> > No. To learn your lesson, I started from scratch. I started all over again.
> > I wrote a single function.
> > The function must import the module, clean it and write "Hello World".
>
> > Where is the "Hello World"?
>
> Take even another step back: Write a program that does _not_ try to run
> Python at all, and instead just outputs "Hello World" to the standard
> output stream.
>
> How exactly are you running the program in the first place? What is this
> "Konsole"? Why is it writing "Blender quit" when you're testing a
> self-made program?
>
> In MS Visual Studio, if I simply run a "Hello World" program by hitting
> F5, I never see the output because the output window is closed as soon
> as the program exits.
>
> If you have a similar problem, make sure that your program reads a
> character from standard input at the end, so that you need to press a
> key before the window closes.

OK. My OS - Linux.
The first program for Windows is different from the first program for Linux.

For Windows:

#include <iostream>
#include <cstdlib> // for system

int main()
{
    std::cout << "Hello, world!" << std::endl;
    system("pause");
    return 0;
}

For Linux:

#include <iostream>

int main() {
    std::cout<<"Hello world!"<< std::endl;
    return 0;
}

cmd in Widows = konsole, console, terminal, gnome-terminal, lxterminal, xterm in
Linux.
My IDE - Geany, NOT MS Visual Studio! :)))
Compiling object file in IDE:
g++ -Wall -c "%f"
Make binary:
g++ -Wall -o "%e" "%f"
Run:
"./%e"

IDE automatically runs a program from the konsole.
konsole displays the result.
I can run the program manually.
After quit program the console does not close.

This is our first step:

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'konsole(kde4).jpg' (37 KB)