POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : My idea: Developers need tips! Help me, please! : Re: My idea: Developers need tips! Help me, please! Server Time
23 Apr 2024 07:53:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My idea: Developers need tips! Help me, please!
From: LanuHum
Date: 12 Sep 2016 11:20:00
Message: <web.57d6c741397eea9f7a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> > I started to learn programming language C ++.
> > To transfer data from Blender in Povray, we use files
> > My idea: to give up files.
> >
> > How will it work?
> >
> > #include <iostream>
> > #include <string>
> > #include <Python.h>
> > #include <fx.h>
> >
> > [...]
> > I want to ask: I can anyone help tips?
>

> RNA being the data architecture in Blender:
> https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Architecture/RNA
>
> Blender does have a C++ RNA API exposing all the program data.
> It is used by the Cycles rendering engine, which uses Python only for it's
> graphical user interface.
>
> Are you using the python version of this API instead?
> So, maybe a faster version of what you're trying to achieve already exists, and
> what would need developing would rather be the POV-Ray module.
>
> This module would just use the existing API from a running Blender session
> acting as a mere library to read the data.
>
> Despite the "poor but improving" modularity of POV, Clipka,
> would some kind of root to grow this module on, already exist in the shape of
> POV-Ray's "GUI-Extension API"?
>

> As much as I was also advised not to go there in the immediate future, with my
> currently *inexistant* C programming skills, Probably Lanuhum is actually able
> to get somewhere faster, even as a first C project, given his motivation and
> fast learning skills.
>
> Reading the following discussion,
> http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/thread/%3C461768ac%241@news.povray.org%3E/
> .... Hugo , who has long been the main user of this GUI-extension with Bishop 3D
> might welcome some feedback?
>
> It might be beneficial to several communities if the updating of POV-Ray's
> GUI-Extension API could then be used as the foundation to create the said
> module... Do you think it could?

> > How will it work?

I do not want and I can not study the blender code. Blender always unstable, and
I do not have the knowledge to understand the code hundred meters. Blender can
not create a GUI, and how to create a Python module. This allows cmake. I get
bpy.so library. I can work without running the blender with this library, Using
any development environment that supports python or any text editor. But I can
also run the script using C++. C++ runs a script, the script calls the bpy.so
module and transmits the data in C++. My GUI (fx.h) causes Povray and sends data
to it. Povray requires a patch, which will need to write.
:)))