POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : My idea: Developers need tips! Help me, please! : Re: My idea: Developers need tips! Help me, please! Server Time
19 Apr 2024 12:27:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My idea: Developers need tips! Help me, please!
From: Mr
Date: 12 Sep 2016 10:25:01
Message: <web.57d6b843397eea9f16086ed00@news.povray.org>
"LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> I started to learn programming language C ++.
> To transfer data from Blender in Povray, we use files
> My idea: to give up files.
>
> How will it work?
>
> #include <iostream>
> #include <string>
> #include <Python.h>
> #include <fx.h>
>
> [...]
> I want to ask: I can anyone help tips?

RNA being the data architecture in Blender:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Architecture/RNA

Blender does have a C++ RNA API exposing all the program data.
It is used by the Cycles rendering engine, which uses Python only for it's
graphical user interface.

Are you using the python version of this API instead?
So, maybe a faster version of what you're trying to achieve already exists, and
what would need developing would rather be the POV-Ray module.

This module would just use the existing API from a running Blender session
acting as a mere library to read the data.

Despite the "poor but improving" modularity of POV, Clipka,
would some kind of root to grow this module on, already exist in the shape of
POV-Ray's "GUI-Extension API"?

As much as I was also advised not to go there in the immediate future, with my
currently *inexistant* C programming skills, Probably Lanuhum is actually able
to get somewhere faster, even as a first C project, given his motivation and
fast learning skills.

Reading the following discussion,
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/thread/%3C461768ac%241@news.povray.org%3E/
.... Hugo , who has long been the main user of this GUI-extension with Bishop 3D
might welcome some feedback?

It might be beneficial to several communities if the updating of POV-Ray's
GUI-Extension API could then be used as the foundation to create the said
module... Do you think it could?