POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : UberPOV is back : Re: UberPOV is back Server Time
26 Apr 2024 16:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UberPOV is back
From: Mr
Date: 1 Sep 2016 04:55:00
Message: <web.57c7ecd415c4456616086ed00@news.povray.org>
> FYI, I've just put UberPOV back on the tracks.
>
> The current development version includes all the latest and greatest
> from the POV-Ray 3.7.1 "master" branch, plus the advanced diffuse models
> (Oren-Nayar and Lommel-Seeliger), and can be found here:
>
> https://github.com/UberPOV/UberPOV/releases/tag/v1.37.1.1-alpha.8756754

Though I already spent quite some time to emulate Blender Shaders in POV as they
get exported, I would like to try to link the exporter to these new shading
models to find out if it gives closer results.

Oren Nayar seems straightforward because Blender has its implementation of that
very model, but what would you say is the closest to Lommel-Seeliger in Blender
shading models?
-Fresnel?
-Lambert with a Normal input ramp?
-Minnaert?