POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Smaller Spheres : Re: Smaller Spheres Server Time
28 Apr 2024 01:53:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smaller Spheres
From: architype
Date: 12 Aug 2016 08:00:01
Message: <web.57adb972c5ad6901718bbba20@news.povray.org>
Ok the 1024x768  AA 0.01 scene...
I added some more transformations to increase parse time and thus
get a more reliable estimate. The test version ran just fine:
5 361 423 objects
render time 4m 58s
peak mem 4 138 655 744 byte
parse 43.9 s
bounding time 90.9 s
but the standard version would not run but crashed...:p
So the improvement in parse time seems correct and consistent but
the memory seem uncertain, or rather in my test it is not verified.
I think it could well be due to my lack of skill/experience with
testing...hopefully someone with more routine can do a better test... ;)

std file

3 851 163 objects
render time 4m 24s
peak mem 2 525 454 336 byte