POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Oyonale Mini Demo Reloaded : Oyonale Mini Demo Reloaded Server Time
26 Apr 2024 18:54:02 EDT (-0400)
  Oyonale Mini Demo Reloaded
From: Mr
Date: 26 Jul 2016 11:10:01
Message: <web.57977c7bb51419a416086ed00@news.povray.org>
Hello,
Blender now features a POV-Ray importer along with the exporter when you enable
it as a renderer. I tried it with the mini demo scene from Gilles Tran's website
available here:
http://www.oyonale.com/image.php?code=460&mode=info&section=2008&lang=fr

I tweaked the scene a little and rendered it with official blender exporter and
will try to post it in povray.binaries.images

I would have loved to create a little animation with bullet's toycar features to
demonstrate this synergy ; but render time is too long! Now I need your help to
improve render times without damaging quality too much because so far, it took
more than 33 hours (33h 24m 31sec 81 on blender image result time stamp) to
render with uberpov (stochastic Anti aliasing) on an I7 720M and 10GB RAM setup.

So here is the Blender scene to play with:
http://dl.free.fr/bIsQeCM1K

The link is temporary as I could not post it here because of file size limited
to 5000 KB.
Thank you all ! Especially Gilles Tran ;-)