POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : eval_pigment() and trace() HowTo : Re: eval_pigment() and trace() HowTo Server Time
19 Apr 2024 01:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: eval_pigment() and trace() HowTo
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 7 Jul 2016 10:05:00
Message: <web.577e60ee734cd2575e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
Thanks for that!
Apparently I had an eval_pigment.zip in my download directory already from
3/4/2016 ...  :O
Way too many macros and tools and scene files, etc. to keep up with, which is a
good thing, I guess.

For general information purposes,
eval_pigment is a macro that is defined in functions.inc as shown below.

#macro eval_pigment(pigm, vec)
    #local fn = function { pigment { pigm } }
    #local result = (fn(vec.x, vec.y, vec.z));
    result
#end

I think that
jpeg "Oriental Carpets/Carpet_01.jpg"
ought to be
jpeg "Carpet_01.jpg"

I see:
#declare WriteStrands = off; //set to 'on' for the first pass.

Isn't there a way to just check if the file exists, and if not, create it?
I looked - but it's not clear that this is possible.
Seemed like a useful and desirable feature to be added, if that's the case.

Also, something just caught my eye in that older version:
It seems that the Lum macro tries to evaluate the r, g, and b values, take 1/3
of that sum, and if that's less than 0.5, put a RED cylinder instead of a blue.
 But at the left front of the render, there's a red cylinder sitting atop a high
part of the heightfield where everything else is blue.   Seems anomalous.

old zip attached here for those who want to play along.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'eval_pigment.zip' (104 KB)