POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : SF Playlist : Re: SF Playlist Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SF Playlist
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 26 Jun 2016 22:35:01
Message: <web.57708faf677a0582fd6b6fe10@news.povray.org>
=?UTF-8?Q?Andr=c3=a9_Linnenbank?= <byt### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Red Barchetta -- Rush
>
> Any space opera by Ayreon, my favorite is 'into the electric castle' but
> '01011001' or e.g. 'the universal migrator' might do as well
>
> Quite a lot from Eloy (no that is not a typo) e.g. from the album
> 'Planets' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bus65ovjOOg

Listening to it now.  Sounds interesting so far, but nothing really jumps out
yet.

> not sure if
> The Ancient (Giants under the Sun) -- Yes
> counts. Possibly my most favorite Yes song

Too long.  It's like how I wanted to add Tubular bells to my halloween
soundtrack, but the song is 45 minutes long.

> and if you allow fantasy as well: try the album Wintersmith by Steeleye Span

That's a whole different playlist.

Loving the suggestions, even if I don't use them all right now.  They'd make
great stuff for an internet radio station.

Mostly, I'm looking for stuff with a solid SF connection, not just a spacey
sound.  Otherwise I could use quite a bit of Mannheim Steamroller's Fresh Aire
albums.

So far I've gotten most of my stuff from soundtracks, so I'm trying to keep an
eye out for stuff that has SF-themed lyrics or some other connection.  I've
thought about Elton John's Rocket Man, but I'm not sure where I'd fit it in
right now.  Another one I've thought about is Silent Running by Mike and the
Mechanics, which sounds more like an entry for my Revolution playlist, until you
watch the music video.  Of course, there's no reason it can't be on both.

Some other ideas, assuming I could find them as MP3s would be stuff from
Animusic. For instance:

Heavy Light: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKUTYxJEB44

Fiber Bundles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6r4pAqOBDY

Harmonic Voltage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7--cT9d81uQ