POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux: best way to communicate between processes? : Re: Linux: best way to communicate between processes? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:33:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux: best way to communicate between processes?
From: Aydan
Date: 18 May 2016 03:35:00
Message: <web.573c1a112b37d2ddd0f66c6d0@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> [snip]
> I'm pretty sure I did that, but anyway there are some issues with the pi
> camera (it stops responding after anywhere between 100000 - 400000
> photos being taken and needs a power cycle) so a newer build hopefully
> fixes that too.

Regarding the camera stopping, theres been a bug exposed lately with the V2
camera, concerning the I2C control bus of the camera. There's a fix in the
pipeline. https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=147744

Regarding you IPC problem, generally I'd go for unix domain sockets. They behave
like network sockets, but are located in the file system.

Regards
Aydan