POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : image_map > solid object : Re: image_map > solid object Server Time
26 Apr 2024 03:03:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image_map > solid object
From: Paul
Date: 3 May 2016 09:10:01
Message: <web.5728a2db2da27c237b8901bc0@news.povray.org>
Re-creating the image from scratch, using standard Pov-Ray objects, yes, that is
an option.
And the example image is pretty easy, simple shapes.
But I have lots of other different images, more "artistic", not simple geometric
shapes.
So I'm looking for a universal solution, for any input image.
I also used a simple 'for' to duplicate the object 10-15 times, but the quality
is not that good (there are still empty spaces between objects) and the
rendering time is too big (I'm rendring lots of frames, for animations).
But, why aren't the resulting shapes solid, as far as I understoond from Pov-Ray
help > all object are solid by default.
If I do a simple 'difference' between 2 boxes > the result is indeed solid.