POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Are the marketers getting desperate? : Re: Are the marketers getting desperate? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:48:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Are the marketers getting desperate?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 19 Apr 2016 08:10:00
Message: <web.57161f46fb4c24915e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
> On 18-4-2016 20:05, Doctor John wrote:
> > re: news://news.povray.org:119/web.5714ee828924cca7cece48fb0@news.povray.org
> >
> > I can't think of a less appropriate place for advertising white goods
> > repair than p.o-t; to put it in Polish on an English speaking newsgroup
> > is even more idiotic.

True.   That ought to be in POV-Ray International.  :D

> Because it is also off-topic perhaps? :-) and it gives us the chance to
> discuss the philosophy of white good maintenance in a global world.
>
> --
> Thomas

I think the attached image has some interesting diffuse reflection and artistic
tone-mapping qualities, and certainly would be interesting to model with
Pose-Ray, and then animate.

Certainly there's a laundry-list of cross-over topics shared by ray tracing and
appliance repair that the good Doctor fails to appreciate.  If he takes offense,
there's no reason to air that dirty laundry here.  So, I'm just going to wash my
hands of all this until it all gets ironed out.  Personally, I don't see this
ever getting Resolved, so he might as well just throw in the towel.