POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Smooth swinging camera work : Re: Smooth swinging camera work Server Time
6 May 2024 01:02:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth swinging camera work
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 10 Apr 2016 19:00:01
Message: <web.570adadae1dfd56f5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
"SecondCup" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for the advice and suggestions. I got it to do exactly what I
> wanted. Happy days.

Congrats!  :)  I'm happy it's all working out for you.
Sometimes you just need enough of a nudge over some "threshhold", and then it
all clicks into place after that.

> Once you get the hang of the coordinate system, building a spline is the way to
> go for smooth animations.

There are indeed many uses for splines, and there are all sorts of neat little
tricks and things that people have come up with.   Heck, there's SO much stuff
in just the documentation that most of the time it's hard to even know what to
do with it all!

Be sure to check out http://www.f-lohmueller.de/  as well.   He's put a LOT of
work into posting very useful working code and tutorials.