POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Smooth swinging camera work : Re: Smooth swinging camera work Server Time
6 May 2024 01:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth swinging camera work
From: Alan Holding
Date: 10 Apr 2016 10:55:01
Message: <web.570a68f9e1dfd56f1ebcfeef0@news.povray.org>
"SecondCup" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a good link to help me out? Or is there a sure-fire way
> to connect the two camera shots?

Some of Chris Colefax's POV-Ray Include Files (archived GeoCities pages are
here: http://www.oocities.org/ccolefax/) may be of use and / or save your brain
melting as he's done a lot of the hard work on this kind of stuff already.

The Spline Macro File (archived at
http://www.oocities.org/ccolefax/spline/index.html, with a tutorial) lets you
generate and preview splines and also, most useful to you I think, sample
positions along a spline based on a clock value. So, if the POV-Ray animation
clock is 0.5 you can find out the position of a point half way along the spline.

Combine that with the Automatic Clock Modifier Macro, which is part of the Clock
Modifier Include File (archived at
http://www.oocities.org/ccolefax/clockmod.html - the downloadable zip file
contains very good documentation on both) and you can have more control, e.g.
sample the point along the spline based on a manipulated clock value.

Mr Colefax's code is over a decade old, but still works a treat. I've done this
kind of stuff with it in the past:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.animations/thread/%3C3a6f29ef%40news.povray.org%3E/