POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Looking for rendering Omnidirectional Stereo images for VR headset : Re: Looking for rendering Omnidirectional Stereo images for VR headset Server Time
27 Apr 2024 00:17:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking for rendering Omnidirectional Stereo images for VR headset
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 9 Mar 2016 18:25:01
Message: <web.56e0b0b56ae27ba3422afd9c0@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:

> > http://hof.povray.org/Boreal_big.html
>
>    I still rub my eyes every time I see this one...
>
> > the size of the source is about 1 GB zipped.
>
>    ...as I'm doing now after looking at that size. Zipped! :O
>
> --
> jaime

Ohh, 1 GB zipped for a zipped source was wrong - 92 MB is the correct value.

About one year ago I tried to render a big version (8000*4500 pxs) with 3.7. I
gave up after about 1 %.
It's my only scene, were a environment exists (see the part view from above with
a pink cylinder for camera position and vector).

By the way, back in 2004 you made a nice landscape pano with an excellent sky /
clouds combination (http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=Panoramas). It's
a pity, you didn't publish the source....

Norbert

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'boreal_above.jpg' (302 KB)