POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Omni-directional Stereo Content : Re: Omni-directional Stereo Content Server Time
17 May 2024 02:55:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Omni-directional Stereo Content
From: Clodo
Date: 6 Mar 2016 18:55:01
Message: <web.56dcc300976329954e8811590@news.povray.org>
My brainstorming method:

Default camera{spherical} render pixels columns from 0 to 360 angle. Ok.
Alter the current spherical behiavour by adding a single param "eye-offset"
(generally +/-0.065/2)
For each pixel, if "eye-offset" it's not 0 (for compatibility)
 rotate the vector3 <-eye_offset,0,0> to the same rotation Y axis of the pixel
column current rendering
 and adding it to the 'location' of the camera for the current pixel
computation.
If anyone can suggest to me how to hack the tracepixel.cpp, i can try it, if
anyone think that can works. I don't know if can generate the Y spiral issue.