POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : <no subject> : Re: <no subject> Server Time
24 Apr 2024 17:28:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: <no subject>
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 4 Mar 2016 19:45:09
Message: <web.56da2bda6f92e8565e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
"Satadorus" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> What I would like is a way to show my animation 'in front' of another video.
> Like Blue or Green screen technique used for film and TV.

> - Olaf AKA Satadorus -

I was just RTFM   (Don't judge me!)  and I came across this:

1.1.9.2 Video CaptureNote: Video Capture under Windows is currently disabled due
to stability issues. Since this is a windows only feature, this means that no
current official POV-Ray release has video capture. However the infrastructure
is still in place and the below documentation will remain as it will eventually
be re-enabled.

Video capture is an experimental feature that will certainly change prior to it
being considered stable (if indeed it is kept at all). Currently it is only
implemented on the Windows platform. Video Capture (vidcap) allows a video
source (e.g. webcam) to be fed into a rendering just as if it were a still
image. Currently, this is done by overloading the 'sys' filetype in image maps
(this will change in the future once a dedicated keyword is added for it).

Here is a simplistic example of an image map that will obtain an image from a
video capture device:

pigment { image_map {sys ":vidcap:" map_type 0} }
and a more complex one:

pigment {
  image_map {
    sys ":vidcap:width=640:height=480:double-buffer=0:skip-initial=0:gamma=1.0"
map_type 0
    }
  }
The requirements are that the image type is sys and that the image filename
starts with the text :vidcap:. The text following the :vidcap: (if any) is
considered to be additional options which are then provided to the
platform-specific video capture support code.

Looked PRETTY interesting.
Maybe there's some other fairly unknown features you could find, or maybe
there's a way to port the playback of a video into POV-Ray for use with the
above feature...