POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Import of measurement data (ASCII format) in animation : Re: Import of measurement data (ASCII format) in animation Server Time
27 Apr 2024 14:41:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Import of measurement data (ASCII format) in animation
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 2 Mar 2016 21:45:01
Message: <web.56d7a4b7a405651b5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
Christian,

I just got done editing a lot of code to smoothly stitch together four bicubic
patches, and what I noticed is that the surface of the patches do not coincide
with the control points - which is likely how the data set would applied -
setting the control points from the values in the file.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/attachment/%3Cweb.56d7a3881f57d665e7df57c0%40news.povray.org%3E/4smoothbi
cubicpatches%20%5Bnumgrid%20-%20side%5D.png

Is there a way to calculate where the control point needs to be given the
surface coordinate?   I seem to recall some sort of A-Frame looking diagram,
though I'll have to go dig that up and see if there's a way to back-calculate.