POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Text to SVG : Re: Text to SVG Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:54:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Text to SVG
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 28 Feb 2016 23:10:00
Message: <web.56d3c39cce90ff255e7df57c0@news.povray.org>

> Have you tried InkScape? That might work for you.

Thanks Mike.
Naturally, I have tried InkScape, and for some reason either it doesn't work, or
I'm doing it wrong.
Still learning, so probably the latter  ;)
Anything specific you suggest that I try?
Assume I know absolutely nothing.

LaserCAD just gives me empty "bounding boxes" instead of text when I import the
DXF that I export from InkScape.   :(

I'd love to be writing directly to DXF from Visio (or POV-Ray  :D) , but that
doesn't seem to work too well if at all.