POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Translating a "point" : Translating a "point" Server Time
25 Apr 2024 22:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  Translating a "point"
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 28 Feb 2016 17:15:01
Message: <web.56d370be14d864ee5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
Er,
So I'm posting this in the New Users section, because it's likely to be
something that helps those trying to figure out the basics, and because it's one
of those simple things that I OUGHT to know, and likely have already used in the
past, but forgotten. <rolls eyes>  <hangs head>

I'd like to take a "point" (a vector), like <1, 2, 3> and "translate it" to "be
at" another place.

I wasn't sure if there was a vector function like vrotate that would be called
"vtranslate" or something that did this.  My brain is just _not_ currently in
"POV mode" and I figured it would take someone a single minute to set me
straight.

I'll likely spend the rest of the evening re-schooling myself in the ways of the
Vector Jedi.

Thanks!