POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : No multi-threading with ubuntu repository version : No multi-threading with ubuntu repository version Server Time
26 Apr 2024 02:09:22 EDT (-0400)
  No multi-threading with ubuntu repository version
From: esterichia
Date: 18 Feb 2016 21:55:01
Message: <web.56c68335ee85297aa57165a90@news.povray.org>
I'm using ubuntu 15.10 on a laptop with processor Intel i7-6700HQ Quad Core. I
installed povray 3.7 (to be precise 3.7.0.0-8build1) from the repositories and I
noticed it was using only one processor. I uninstalled it, downloaded the
sources from github and compiled. Now it is using multi-threading.
Is this the expected behavior or a bug? May it be related to the hardware or the
OS?