POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Moon computer : Re: Moon computer Server Time
5 Jul 2024 07:35:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moon computer
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 17 Feb 2016 19:20:01
Message: <web.56c50c729b3ec780fd6b6fe10@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> >> Not much geothermal (selenothermal might be a more appropriate term)
> >> energy present I am afraid. Contrary to Earth, the Moon does not have a
> >> hot mantle and only a small core, partly molten.
> >
> > If you could harvest the momentum between moon and earth (moon is
> > getting further away from earth as time goes on, meaning "moon is
> > acquiring more orbital speed"... hence energy), you could have some
> > energy for your nanobots and make the moon stays longer with the earth.
> >

> There is a big temperature difference between the day and night sides of
> the Moon. So maybe a thermopile solution could be found.

I was just thinking the same thing.  Large numbers of thin rods of different
metals extending through the core from dark side to light side, and you have a
thermocouple.

On the other hand, if you want to get really wild, make it a photonic computer
and use the light of the sun directly.

It would be immune to gamma rays and Electromagnetic interference, and if you
used volumetric data storage, you would probably never run out of space.

Regards,
A.D.B