POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reflex : Re: Reflex Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:36:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflex
From: Kenneth
Date: 1 Feb 2016 20:00:01
Message: <web.56afff439a6f217733c457550@news.povray.org>

> While I was there, I also bought the accessory bag - mostly because it
> includes a spare battery. (This camera is powered by a custom Lithium
> ion battery pack, so it's presumably irreplaceable once it inevitably
> stops working.)

There really should be an international LAW mandating some kind of *standard* as
to shapes and sizes of camera batteries. It's currently kind of ridiculous--
just about *every* camera requires its own proprietary battery (even similar
cameras made by the same company.)

That's one reason why I bought a small CANON camera several years ago, powered
by two simple AA batteries. (Which was surprising, because CANON *also* seems to
come up with a new proprietary battery for every camera they make.) Sure, the AA
batteries don't last very long before needing a recharge (I use NIMH
batteries)-- but the sheer CONVENIENCE of using them far outweighs the need to
buy some kind of proprietary replacement in the future (IF one is still
available by then!)

Although, for a nice DSLR camera, I suppose it would need 8 to 10 AA batteries
to power the thing. The battery 'pack' would probably be bigger then the camera.
 *sigh*