POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Random POV-Ray 4 SDL proposal, #2 : Re: Random POV-Ray 4 SDL proposal, #2 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:45:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random POV-Ray 4 SDL proposal, #2
From: Theogott
Date: 20 Jan 2016 11:55:05
Message: <web.569fbadbb3b14984adb2e4f80@news.povray.org>
If you make substantial changes in the SDL, while still trying to keep
compatibility with the "old" SDL, a
#version XY;
will from then be necessary. And if its missing ... its by default the new SDL.

Ok, so if thats also "whats your wish" Post,

From my standpoint i would like to see more structures like procedures and
subprogrammes with local variables.

The possibility to make "Libraries" of include files with local variables and
local procedures.

Possibility of coordinates, Textures as well as Objects as parameter for input
and output.

Inside the procedure all Object/Texture attributes can then be altered.

And if we talk about meshes ... its also an object that could be altered inside
a procedure.

This way you can define Libraries that that will "deform" an "input-Object" and
return it as an Object, or as an mesh.

And if we have that its not a large step to allow "Collections of Objects" as
variable and as Parameter. Because this is just a List and a Loop around the the
Single Object.

Then you can pass a whole scene to a library for transformation.