POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Oktoberfest puzzle : Re: Oktoberfest puzzle Server Time
26 Apr 2024 00:07:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oktoberfest puzzle
From: Eriban
Date: 19 Nov 2015 18:30:00
Message: <web.564e5a609341b465f591106d0@news.povray.org>
Thanks Bill, Tom, Stephen and Thomas for the kind words. It's nice to hear that
you liked the puzzle and the animation.

> As for easier methods to handle the differing finishing, nothing more
> efficient than what you have done immediately comes to mind given you
> have some beveling. If it were all just boxes - perhaps - UV box mapping
> would be somewhat simpler than CSG.

Okay, good to hear that my approach doesn't seem too bad in this case. I am
often quite satisfied with my models, but there is always this lingering doubt
that maybe they are unnecessarily complicated because I overlooked a particular
trick or technique. Even so, it's the end result that counts I guess...

Cheers,
Erwin