POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Poll: Any Build Problems? : Re: Poll: Any Build Problems? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 23:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poll: Any Build Problems?
From: MadKairon
Date: 13 Nov 2015 10:10:01
Message: <web.5645fd031b22abe4f7bf4c690@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> We've been having problems with the Unix build process in the past, often
> related to the boost libraries. I'm wondering where we're at with these issues
> right now with the current master branch.
>
> If the 3.7 build process has ever failed to work "out of the box" for you (i.e.
> strictly following the baseline build instructions described in `unix/README`),
> I'd love to hear from you:
>
> - What variant of Unix are you using?
> - What version of the boost library are you using?
>
> - Does the official stable 3.7.0.0 build "out of the box" on your system?
> Otherwise, what problems do you encounter, and how (if at all) do you manage to
> get it to build?
>
> - Does the current master 3.7.1-alpha.8344773 build "out of the box" on your
> system? Otherwise, what problems do you encounter, and how (if at all) do you
> manage to get it to build?
>
> - Any other observations?
>

> (Please do NOT reply if the 3.7 build process has always worked perfectly fine
> for you.)

1- Using Raspbian from latest NOOBS for Raspberry Pi 2
2- Lib Version 1.55
3- official 3.7.0.0 stops on ./prebuild process. Master Branch solves that
4- current master does not compile. Can't find boost.thread lib version
5- I don't know much about this stuff but looks like boost distribution on the
RPi NOOBS package has certair incompatibilities with c++ compiler