POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 80 / 20 rule : Re: 80 / 20 rule Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 80 / 20 rule
From: nemesis
Date: 18 Oct 2015 15:30:00
Message: <web.5623f24d549340f094c8e9160@news.povray.org>
> It's
> just not quite so easy to demo now. :-{

we should all be programming in javascript anyway...

> if your source code is 85% braces, anything short of
> colour-coding every single brace with a unique colour is pretty unreadable.

that's crazy. It's a great aid for editing, but other than that Lispers see it
as whitespace.  That's why they don't match visually ) to the respective (, just
clutter all of them together at the end of an expression))).  One usually opens
a pair with a single keystroke and then is put inside it to begin writing.  A
Lisper really doesn't manually deals with them.

editors usually shade the whole region in gray

> OK. So eval actually goes slower. I was half expecting the entire
> compiler to be included at run-time. (Mind you, for something as simple
> as Lisp, maybe it's not that hard...)

some indeed have compile along with eval

> But the main idea
> is quite beautiful.

yes, Hindley-Milner

> I suspect you can use a trampoline to get around that. I am not an
> expert in such matters.
>
> Oh, and there's the experimental GHCJS, which is a mod of GHC that
> compiles to JavaScript. For realz.

that's the distributed webOS