POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Aversion : Re: Aversion Server Time
5 Jul 2024 07:39:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aversion
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 12 Sep 2015 04:10:06
Message: <web.55f3dc96b071661a4ed434990@news.povray.org>
> On 11-9-2015 12:52, clipka wrote:
> > ...  he might just walk out tomorrow with a shotgun and go out hunting
> > some fundamental Christians.
> >

> He is dead (15-12-2011)...

Not only that, Christians wasted no time in claiming he had a deathbed
conversion.  (Though they wouldn't have claimed that if they'd really listened
to him.  If I were the Christian god, I'd be very afraid if he showed up at my
gate.)

Seriously, though, he was a polemicist, not an advocate for violence against the
religious.  (Though he did support the Bush the Lesser's invasion of Iraq.  I
never did find out what that was about.)

Hitchens was really popular among atheists in the USA.  Perhaps we have a bigger
problem with fundamentalist Christians than you do in Germany.