POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Since the Invisible Orchid has not asked any questions for a while. : Re: Since the Invisible Orchid has not asked any questions for awhile. Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:27:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Since the Invisible Orchid has not asked any questions for awhile.
From: Stephen
Date: 11 Sep 2015 16:10:05
Message: <web.55f334378eed6fedad2691840@news.povray.org>
> On 26-8-2015 17:51, Stephen wrote:
> > Mike Horvath <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> >

> >> Nerds.
> >
> > Indeed! and you are not the only one who thinks so.
> > I updated Thunderbird yesterday and this thread has been deleted and ignored.
> > We must be getting too close to a truth that should not be discussed.
> >
> > I knew that I should not have stopped off at Roswell a couple of years ago. A
> > marked man, I must be.
> >

> Somehow, those things always happens to people developing means (or
> trying to) to travel to the stars...

Which reminded me of a story by Harry Harrison* called Toy shop.
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/22966

similar. Some hobbyist in the depth of England, it could have been Norfolk or
the West Country. Invented a gizmo in his garden shed which did something
similar. Only he immigrated to Oz where someone sponsored him to research it.
Never heard about him again. Spooky!

*
I thought that it was an Isaac Asimov short story. But I came across it today
and it is only a couple of pages.